Access Statement for Willow Tree Cottage B&B
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Our Bed & Breakfast is situated on the sunny West Sussex coast in the tranquil village of Felpham. Just over a mile to the West is Bognor Regis with its railway station and direct trains to and from London. The beach is only two minutes walk away and a wide promenade leads to the town of Bognor Regis itself. Historic Arundel and the cathedral city of Chichester lie but a short distance away. The whole of the surrounding coastal area is flat and therefore easy for walking. We have 2 guest bedrooms and they are both situated on the first floor. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01243 828000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We have a map of our location on our website . The nearest railway station is in Bognor Regis which is about 5 minutes by taxi. There are 2 taxi companies at the railway station and one in Felpham village. We also offer our own collection service by prior arrangement.
• There is a local bus service (Star 1) which covers the area from Elmer via Felpham village to Bognor Regis operating every 20 minutes. A long distance bus (700) runs from Brighton through to Portsmouth via Worthing, Felpham, Bognor Regis and Chichester every 15 minutes. This Bus Stop is about 10 minutes walk away on the A259.
• We are situated in a quiet Cul de Sac with level paved roads and pavements leading to the village and the beach.
Car Parking and Arrival
• We have space for 3 cars on our gravelled driveway which is within 5 m of the front door. The area is well lit by automatic security lights and nearby street light.
• There is a dropped kerb in front of our gates which are about 10m from the front door.
• There are 2 low rise steps to the front door, the opening of which measures 710mm/28".
• We will help with the luggage and can offer to take them up/down the stairs and to/from the bedrooms.
• Our guests are welcomed through the front door into the guest's dining room for registration. (The access to the dining room is level and through further 2 doors each measuring 700mm/28"wide).
• The whole area is well lit, carpeted and step free. In the dining room are several chairs and a large table.
• After registration the guests shall be shown around the guest area.
• We have two bedrooms on the first floor. One large bedroom with a king-size bed (bed height 600mm/23.5"), bedside tables and lamps, seating area, flat screen TV and a hostess tray with water, fresh coffee, assorted teas and home made biscuits. A wardrobe with hanging space with wooden hangers and shelving plus chest of drawers is available. Slippers and dressing-gowns are also provided for guest's comfort.
• The second bedroom is smaller and has two single beds (bed height 635mm/25") with bedside cabinets and lamps as well as the furnishings as per the double room (excluding chest of drawers).
• There is an alarm clock in each room as well as a hairdryer. The width of the bedroom doors are 650mm/25.5"
• There is ample lighting from wall lamps and the bedside lamps. The rooms have short piled carpet throughtout .
• All pillows, duvets and blankets are non-alergenic. The bedding is cotton or a mixture.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)• The private bathroom is along a short carpeted hallway and through a single door (width 650mm/25.5"). It is fiited with a wash basin (height 840mm/33") with under sink cupboard, a large bath with an over-bath power shower. Non slip mat is provided as well as a shower stool. One grab rail is fitted next to the bath. There is a shaving light above the mirror over the washbasin and a shaving socket.
• The toilet is seperate and up one small step from the hallway. Height of toilet is 405mm/16". There is a small hand wash basin with mirror. Both rooms have opening windows and are well lit with inset ceiling lights.
• Both the bathroom and the toilet have vinyl non slip flooring.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
• The public areas are all well lit with ceiling and wall lights. They are carpeted throughout and step free.
• Bare wooden steps lead up a feature stair to the bedrooms from the guest dining room. There are 15 treads with a width of 545mm/21.5" and a half turn at the bottom of the stairs. Handrails are provided on both sides of the stairs.
• The dining room is located at the bottom of the stairs leading down from the bedrooms. It is all on one level and carpeted.
• It benefits from a dual aspect with views into the gardens. There is a ceiling lamp above a large 6 place dining table with four chairs.
• A pre-select menu is offered for the cooked breakfast which is served at the table.
• The table is covered with a cream tablecloth and napkins, white crockery and silver cutlery and glassware.
• A toilet close to the dining room can be made available.
• A 800mm/31.5" wide guest entrance door leads from the dining room down 3 broad stone steps with a balustrade into the garden.The access is a gravelled and paved area leading through a wooden garden gate(670mm/26.5") to a rose and wisteria laden arbour. A bench and a small table with 2 chairs welcomes the guests to relax and smoking is allowed in this area.
• Our guests will use this entrance with their own key to come and go as they please. The whole area is lit by the automatic security lights.
• We endeavour to use as much low energy lighting as possible.
• Our hot water is heated by solar panels.
• The hard water found in this area is overcome with a water softener.
• Filtered water is used for drinking water.
• All emergency services ,doctors, dentist and also local restaurants and pubs in the village are listed in our 'House Rules' which can be found in each room, as well as leaflets of local attractions and general information on the area.
• Free Wi-Fi is available on request.
• We will listen to suggestions from our guests as to how we can improve our facilities to make everybody's stay more comfortable and pleasant.
• Unfortunately our house is built on raised foundations and therefore steps are needed from all the doors leading to the outside.
Address (Inc postcode):
Willow Tree Cottage B&B
35 Bereweeke Road
Telephone: 01243 828000
Mobile: 07923 470231
Grid Reference: 50 47' 20.06" N 0 38' 56.85" W
Hours Of Operation: flexible within reason